Building a Business Case for Employer Branding is often difficult but very possible!
Employer Branding is a hard sell if you do not have the data-led insights to counteract i.e. your high turnover rates, inability to compete on high demand talent, proof of declining productivity levels, etc.
- You HAVE to gain upfront understanding, buy-in, and commitment from CEO to adopt EB as a business principle (otherwise you’ll be swimming upstream)
- Be intentional through showcasing success factors of how YOUR connected culture and employer brand is helping your organization achieve business goals
- Champion & recruit the RIGHT Leaders to support you in your mission
- To secure a budget you need to do your homework on forecasted ROI and achievement of business goals
- Run a Competitive Analysis – expand the lens of who your competitors are cross-industry
- Capacity is essential, thus appoint a dedicated resource to give your employer brand the focus it needs otherwise it will fail
- Employee and Candidate surveys provide you with tangible evidence re culture, brand reputation, perceptions, etc.
Stay tuned into the Pulse of Employer Branding Africa as you continue to build a broader understanding of why employer branding matters now more than ever!!!